Look for our Podcasts at: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/discoursesmt/id1481012113
Sport Heroes Who Got Their Starts In Oakland, CA
- January 12, 2022 Curt Flood, From Oakland, to the World Series, to the Supreme Court
- December 20, 2021 Zoe Ann Olsen, The Oakland Wildcat who Medaled in two Olympic Games
- December13, 2021 Jackie Jensen, Cal’s Greatest Athlete
- December 6, 2021 Brian Johnson’s Journey from The Skyline, to The Farm, To the Stick.”
- November 30, 2021 Bill Russell, The Greatest Champion Who Ever Lived
- November 23, 2021 Frank Robinson, Determination, Grit, and Toughness
- November 15,2021 John Brodie, Thank God My Dad found Oakland
- November 8, 2021 The Impact of Joe Morgan
- October 26, 2021 Leon Monroe, Officiating with Integrity & Passion
- October 15, 2021 Michael Wilhite, The Baseball Mecca of Oakland, Part 2
- October 8, 2021 Michael Wilhite, The Baseball Mecca of Oakland, Part 1
- September 24, 2021 Monte Gordon, From Oakland, CA to Savona, Italy
- September 14, 2021 Rich Griffin, Jr. From the Pitching Mound to Calling Balls & Strikes, Part 2
- September 7, 2021 Rich Griffin, Jr. From the Pitching Mound to Calling Balls & Strikes, Part 1
Memories Alameda Park League Baseball
- Episode #8 of 8, August 30, Erick Schullstrom, From Park League to the Bigs
- Episode #7 of 8, August 21, Ray Ratto, Firing Your Imaginations
- Episode #6 of 8, August 13, Phil & John Canalin, Longfellow Park, A Family Affair
- Episode #5 of 8, July 30, Adrienne Alexander, Cyndi LaCroix, Denise Ratto, and Keri Spaulding talk about leading Alameda Parks.
- Episode #4 of 8, July 20, Sam Spear talks about managing youth umpires and publishing the Play Ball section of the Alameda Time Star.
- Episode #3 of 8, July 16, Franklin Eagle Kin Robles loved Park League Baseball so much, he made a documentary about it.
- Episode #2 of 8, July 6, Edison, Lincoln, and Krusi, Alumni, James McGee talks about lessons learned during summer days at the park.
- Episode #1 of 8, June 29, Park League Alumni, Danny Pereira, Kevin Kearney, & Steve Sorensen talk about loving baseball as kids, still playing as seniors.
Thriving Through the Pandemic and Beyond Series
- Episode #6 of 6, June 22, Relationship Navigational Specialist, Kimi Avary, MA, talks about boys who want to be heroes
- Episode #5 of 6, June 15, Leadership Coach, Kathi Kulesza gives is ideas on how successful managers are forming more human connections, through the pandemic and beyond.
- Episode #4 of 6, June 8, Educator, Tyler Tomei describes Inspiring Tomorrow’s Leaders.
- Episode #3 of 6, June 1, Lee Hopkins talks about Turning Harmful Habits into New Possibilities
- Episode #2 of 6, May 25, Stephen Box teaches us how we can take our habits from UNSUSTAINABLE to May UNSHAKABLE, even if we don’t have will power.
- Episode #1 of 6, May 18, Hypnotherapist, Steve Cohen talks about small changes that add up to big differences.
- Episode #6 of 6, May 11, Rev. Robin Crawford; “Letting Go of Hurt and Pain”
- Episode #5 of 6, May 4, Charles Amamiya; “The True Power of Compassion and Forgiveness”
- Episode #4 of 6, April 27; Dr. Prasad Kaipa; Describes how his Hindu Faith guides his views on forgiveness.
- Episode #3 of 6, April 20; Rabbi Annette Koch; “Forgiveness: A Journey in Search of Wholeness”
- Episode #2 of 6, April 6; Imam Ariff Shaik Talks about forgiveness being the key to open the door of compassion.
- Episode #1 of 6, March 30; Dr. Jen Tellier Talks about forgiveness through her experiences as a Christian mental health professional.
- Episode #6 of 6, March 23; Jesse Oakley III talks about the leadership journey he went on with his wife Dana, chairing the 2015 Toastmasters International Convention.
- Episode #5 of 6, March 16; Mayor Marilyn Ezzy Ashcraft talks about the leadership journey that led to her role as Mayor of Alameda, CA.
- Episode 4 of 6, March 9; Carla Fleming talks to us about, “Discovering Our Portfolio of Ideas as We Run Towards the Risk”
- Episode #3 of 6, March 2; Kevin Thornton Passes Along Inspiration Through Mentoring and Coaching.
- Episode #2 of 6, February 23; The Inquisitive Path Towards Leadership, with Toastmasters Past International Director, Regie Ford, DTM
- Episode #1 of 6, February 16; Building Leadrs Around the World, with Toastmasters Past Interntional President, Michael Notaro, DTM
- Episode #15, February 9; Connecting Through Vulnerability, Kindness, and Bravery, with Teff Ayral
- Episode #14, January 28; Finding Common Ground on Capitol Hill, With Gary McKinsey
- Episode #13, December 11; Thriving in Virtual Meetings, With Ray Engan
- Episode #12, December 4; Leadership Lessons From Toastmasters Past District Director, Teri McDonald, DTM
- Episode #11, November 3; Common Ground through Conversation and Community Service, with Angie Watson-Hajjem
- Episode #10, September 12; An Interview with Relationship Coach, Workshop Organizer, and Fellow Toastmaster, Lisa Fairchild
- Episode#9, June 18; Finding Common Ground in the SF Bay Area; Guests Carlos Hernandez and Emily Fathom
- Episode #8, May 13; Citizens Who Are Part of the Solution, with Joyce Simmonds, Making Masks to Fight Covid19
- Episode #7, April 14; with Vickie Bockenkamp, Founder of Power Tools for Learning
- Bonus Episode; As we control what we can control, let’s earn the optimism that will help us find the light at the end of the tunnel.
- Episode #6 with Jim Hager, Volunteer Pilot with Angel Flights West
- Episode #5 with Erica Etelson, Author of “Beyond Contempt,” How Liberals Can Communicate Across the Great Divide.
- Episode # 4 San Francisco”s MYEEP Program, with Toastmasters Past District Governor, Tyree Johnson, DTM
- Episode #3 with Charles Amemiya, Toastmasters in San Quentin
- Episode # 2 with Gina Cefalu, “Teaching Communication and Leadership in Prison”
- Episode #1 with Joe Loparo, “Depolarizing America with Better Angels”
Please like and share, comment and subscribe so this conversation can go far wide. We’ll find that shining needle of common ground in that haystack of fear.
Available to speak at your service club, community group or religious organization.
Located in the San Franciscio Bay Area, available for virtual meetings world wide, email@example.com